Upon Registration, you agree to the following:
HALIFAX CITY PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Through submitting the membership application for my child, I have accepted the Terms and Conditions of membership whether I have actually read them or not, and am therefore subject to the Club's rules, and to the rules and regulations of the organizations to which the Club belongs.
- I will be responsible for my child at every practice and game. Halifax City is not responsible for unsupervised players.
- My child plays soccer for his or her benefit, not mine.
- I will not give instructions to players -- that is the coach's role.
- I will never question the referee's judgment, integrity or honesty.
- I will support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from the game of soccer.
- If I am upset by something I will wait 24hrs before discussing the issue with the team coach and will do so in a private and constructive manner.
- I will not approach the team Coach prior to or during a session
- I will show respect for all players, all coaches, all officials and all spectators at all times
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will make my child feel like a winner by offering praise for competing fairly and doing their best.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Children learn by example. I will applaud good plays by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will make sure that my child arrives for practices and games at the time designated by the coach, ready to begin.
- I will not take part in any form of bullying, whether that be to a parent, player, team coach, referee or club representative. Bullying in any form, whether in person, electronically (any form of social media) will not be tolerated.
- I realize that the team can be penalized for my behaviour. I will obey a request by a referee or from the team's Coach to leave the vicinity of the field.
- I will contribute with a cheque my child's share of the summer team deposit ($50.00) fund by June 1st of the applicable season to my teams manager. This will only be deposited if fines or funds are required for the team.
- I realize that failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may result in my removal of myself, and potentially my child, from the vicinity of the playing field and potentially further sanctions by the club.
- Infractions that occur during the game are governed by the Laws of the Game and will be decided by the referee. There may also be further action by the league discipline committee.
- Certain serious infractions may result in a discipline hearing convened by the Soccer Nova Scotia or their delegate, and could lead to a worldwide suspension from soccer, and/or a fine being levied by SNS. Payment of the fine is my responsibility.
- I am responsible for reimbursing the Club for any fines payable by the Club due to my actions or inactions.
If for any reason the Code of Conduct is not followed by the parent(s), any [one or more] of the following steps may be taken by the Club:
- Request the parent not attend team events
- Remove the player from the team