Upon committing, you agree to the following:
Halifax City COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will show respect for all players, all teams staff, all officials, and all spectators at all times.
- I will work in cooperation with referees for the benefit of the game.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will ensure any questions I direct at officials will be constructive in nature.
- I will ensure that all players receive equal instruction and support.
- I will provide each player with the 40% playing time principle subject to factors such as attitude, attendance, the weather, fitness levels, positions played, and the needs of the game. In particular, players on recreational teams should receive equal playing time.
- I will arrive early and be prepared for games and practices.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, themselves, referees, opponents, and spectators.
- I will be selective in the amount of instruction I give players during the game aligned to the Halifax City principles.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players' ages and abilities.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will obtain proper training and upgrade my coaching skills and knowledge of the game, according to the standards of Soccer Nova Scotia and/or the Club.
- I will inform parents/guardians of any injuries their son/daughter may have suffered.
- I will dress appropriately at all games and practices, so that I present a professional image and can be easily identified.
- If I am coaching a team of ages U4 to U13, I will do so following a philosophy of development as determined by the club. For older competitive age groups I agree to creatively blend winning with player development.
- Infractions that occur during the game are governed by the Laws of the Game and will be decided by the referee. There may also be further action by the league discipline committee.
- Certain serious infractions may result in a discipline hearing convened by Soccer Nova Scotia or their delegate, and could lead to a worldwide suspension from soccer, and/or a fine being levied by SNS. Payment of the fine is my responsibility.
- I am responsible for reimbursing the Club for any fines payable by the Club due to my actions or inactions. Failure to pay any fines will result in my suspension from the club for an indefinite period of time.
If for any reason the Code of Conduct is not followed by the coach, any [one or more] of the following steps may be taken by the Club:
- Suspend the coach for some time period
- Remove the coach from the team